24 September 2017

Oct 2014

Train rhythms 

I am at a music festival and it is at a campground with a train track running through it. So when a train came  thru i got a little distracted and frankly somewhat pissed that it was "interfering" with my music.  Chugga chug Chugga chug, woo hoo!  Then i let it go and let it wash over me. The vibrations were palpable and the rhythms 

quixotic. It was amazing to me how quickly i got from annoyed to enraptured just with a shift of attitude / enlightenment ! Initially I though it must be annoying for a musician to be interrupted like that.  Chugga Chugga choo choo.  But he started jamming faster and faster in rhythm with the wheels.  He was ecstatic with his strums.  Viscerally jiving to the feedback from the energy of metal to metal as it jetted by.  So, as it wound down and the vibrations dissipated, and the energy surge wained, i found my self, to my surprise, somewhat disappointed.  Just as i was grappling with what i just experienced, as the musicians strummed slowed, he declared "COOL, i got to jam with a train, how cool is that!"

No comments:

Post a Comment